Slurpee Cup Tournament Questions and Answers
How do I register for the Slurpee Cup
- You must login to the
tournament website www.ewzsaslurpeecup.com
after you complete your team’s registration you will receive a confirmation email that your registration has been received.
- Make a payment online with your
credit card to complete your registration.
- To pay by cheque: Mail the
cheque to 15430 – 93 Avenue Edmonton, AB T5R 5H3, cheques can be made out to
Slurpee Cup Tournament
- Registrations are considered
complete only once payment has been received.
- Once your registration is complete will your team be
added to a group/pool for the tournament. Groups/Pools for the tournament
will be created based on current tier and league standings. Careful
consideration is taken to create groups/pools made up of teams of similar caliber
Will I receive a refund if my team
drops out of the tournament?
- If your team pulls out of the
tournament before May 14, 2018 you will receive a full refund.
- If you team drops out after May
14, 2018 you will forfeit your registration fee.
Can I make schedule requests for the
- We accept scheduling requests for the following:
- If you are coaching 2 teams in the tournament you can make a request
to avoid scheduling conflicts with both teams
- If you have a league game on any of the tournament days you can
request to play the tournament games around the league game schedule
- If your players have a graduation you can request to not play on
- Our scheduler will do their best to accommodate requests, but that
is not always possible and we ask teams to be flexibl
- To make a scheduling request,
you must put the request in the notes for your team’s profile on the tournament
- Once the schedules are posted
they are considered final and changes will only be made if an error has
- It is the team’s responsibility
to watch the schedule for updates as changes may occur
What happens if my team is place on a
- Your team may be placed on a
standby list if the group/ division you are entering is has reached the maximum
number of teams we can accept.
- Your team may also be placed on
a standby list if we do not have enough teams that match your team’s caliber to
create a group for the tournament.
- Teams that are placed on a
standby list will be contacted by tournament organizers if an appropriate spot
opens up from a team dropping out of the tournament. We will only fill spots with teams of equal
What is the ASA - Official Provincial
- The ASA is your official
provincial roster form that lists all the players registered on your team with
their birth dates and district registration number. You may need to contact your soccer
organization for a copy of your ASA. Calgary
teams may submit their CMSA roster that is generated from Goaline.
- Every player that participates
in the tournament must be registered on a provincial roster, this includes all
guest players. If your team is from
outside of Alberta, then your travel permit will suffice.
- All official team rosters need
to be uploaded directly to the tournament website, whey you are logged into the
website select the roster tab and click on the words “Drop your roster here or
click to add one.’ You can then add your
roster to the website.
What is a tournament roster?
- The tournament roster can be
filled out on our website and is the list of players that will play for your
team during the tournament. Be sure to
check the tournament rules to confirm the correct number of players allowed for
your age group and the rules and regulations for using guest players.
- Guest players must be indicated
on the tournament roster.
- Once all the players are
activated on your tournament roster they will show up on the game sheet. Game sheets will only be available once the
schedules are posted.
- The maximum number of players
permitted on a team roster is as follows:
U9/U11 teams – 16 players
U13, U15, U17 & U19 teams – 20
A team can only dress and play
the number of players that corresponds with their age group for any game in the
If you are bringing guest
players to replace players that cannot make all tournament games you will need
to cross off the players from the game sheet that are not participating in that
The Edmonton West Zone will
recognize any EMSA teams with existing special dispensation to carry more
players than regularly permitted. Any
non-EMSA teams will need to submit a letter of approval along with their
official team roster from their soccer organization to carry more players than
What are the guidelines for using
- Each team will be allowed to us
a maximum of three (3) guest players for the tournament.
- All guest players must come
from the same district association and be properly registered for the current
season in order to be eligible to participate in the tournament.
- The guest player consent form
must be completed for each guest player(s) and be signed by the guest player’s
current coach as well as a team official from the tentative tournament team.
- Guest player’s official team
roster will no longer be required due to privacy concerns, but proof of player
registration must be produced if required by tournament organizers.
- All guest players will need to
be identified on the team’s tournament roster/game sheets.
- The guest player consent
form(s) will need to accompany the game sheet when handed to the referee at the
start of each game that the guest player participates in
- Any player listed on the game
sheet, but is not participating in that particular game will need to be crossed
off the game sheet. The game sheet is to
correctly represent the players that will participate in the game as indicated
on the game sheet, this includes all guest players.
- A guest player will be allowed
under the following conditions:
- Tier 1, 2 & 3 teams – can only use a
guest players from a lower age group,
lower age category or lower division
- Tier 4 & 5 teams – can use guest
players from the same or lower age group,
same or lower category, or same or lower division
- Guest players for tier 4 & 5 teams must NOT increase the team’s roster
above the original number of registered players. A guest player must only replace a registered
player of the team that cannot attend the tournament
- No player will be allowed to
play on more than one team for the tournament
- Any team found to have played
an ineligible player will forfeit the game.
What fields will my team play on for
- Teams will be scheduled to play
on fields in the West Edmonton area. All
fields are easily accessed by Whitemud or Anthony Henday Drive. There are maps for the field locations on the
- All fields will be set up with
nets and flags you do not need to bring the equipment. You will need to bring your own soccer balls
for warm up as well as a first aid kit for your team. The home team will need to provide a game
Where do I pick up the coach packet?
What is included in the coach packet?
- NEW - The coach packet can be picked up and teams signed in for the tournament at the location headquarters where you play your first game..
- If you are unable to pick up your packet and sign in your team prior to playing your first game, please do so immediately following your game.
- We ask that all teams check in
and pick up coach packets by Saturday evening.
- The coach packets will include
tournament information and giveaways from our tournament sponsor.
Where do I hand in the game sheets? Where do I go to find tournament stats?
- Official Slurpee Cup Tournament
game sheets will be used throughout the tournament and are available to print
off the website. When your team’s registration is at 100% and the schedules
have been posted, you will see the green button “Download Game Sheets” and you
can then print your game sheet
- Game sheets are to be completely
filled out and given to the game official prior to the start of each tournament
- Ensure all players (including
all guest players, labeled as “guest”) are listed on the game sheet. Any player not listed on the game sheet prior
to kick off will not be eligible to play
- If there are players not
playing in that particular game, but are listed on the game sheet, you are
required to cross off their names. The
players listed are to be the actual players that participated in that game.
- Teams are to ensure that the
jersey numbers for each player are correct on the game sheet and correspond
with the jersey numbers the players are wearing during the game.
- It is the responsibility of the
winning team to bring both game sheets immediately after the game to the
· Tournament stats will be
updated at www.ewzsaslurpeecup.com
during the tournament
Where are the medals presented?
- Gold, Silver and Bronze medals
will be awarded to the top three teams in each group. The medals will be presented after the last
game in each group has been played and the results have been confirmed by
- U9 teams will have their medal
presentations take place at Belmead Sport Fields – 90 Ave – 181 St.
- U11 teams will have their medal
presentations take place at La Perle Sports Fields – 187 St. – 97A Ave.
- U13 – U17 teams will have their
medal presentations take place at Sister Annata Brockman - 355 Hemingway Rd and EMSA West Complex - 10059 - 231 Street NW
- Medal presentations will take place at the headquarters where the final games are played
What happens if our jerseys conflict
with the opposing team?
referee determines that the team jerseys conflict in any way it will be
the responsibility of the home team to change jerseys or wear alternate